The main objectives of National Service Scheme(NSS) are:
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Gain Skills in mobilising community participation.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- Practise national integration and social harmony.
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Accquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving.
SADBHAVANA DIWAS CELEBRATION IN SCHOOL PREMISES
Anti Cracker Rally Under Eco- club
Closing Ceremony of NSS Camp (2013-14)
On the occasion of closing ceremony of NSS Camp (2013-14) of Govt. Sr. Secondary School, Raipur Khurd, Chandigarh, there was a great pomp and show. The DPI(s) HCS Mr. Kamlesh Kumar Bhadoo was the Chief Guest for the event. He graced the occasion by motivating and interacting with the students of class XII and guided them for their careers. The celebration was ornamented with various cultural items like group dance, songs. a nukkad natak and the wonderful bhangra.
Sh. Gurnam Singh, Chief coordinator traffic marshal and NGO of the school also shared valuable information regarding traffic rules. This talk proved very informative for the students and staff. Principal of the school Mrs. Neena Kalia presented the school activities report and congratulated the students for their wonderful performance in the camp.The event was a grand success.
Awareness about Lok Adalat
A One – Day NSS Camp on “Lok Adalats” was organized in GSSS Raipur Khurd U.T. Chandigarh on 19th May, 2014. The event was resourced by State Legal Services Authority, U.T., Chandigarh. The Sarpanch of the village Raipur Khurd Sh. Lachman Singh inspired the school for this program as Lok Adalats are held twice a week (Wednesday & Saturday, 4:oo p.m. to 6:00 p.m.) in the village. The purpose of the camp was to make the students aware of the concept of Lok Adalats. Poster Making Competition was held for the students. Ist, 2nd & 3rd prizes were awarded. Then a rally was held through the Village Raipur Khurd in which the students made the villagers aware about the role of Lok Adalats in a city. The pamphlets were distributed among the villagers highlighting the information about Lok Adalats, Public Utility Services and the matters taken up in Lok Adalats like various transport services, postal and telephone services, insurance services, banking and finance etc. Mrs. Sarla Gupta from State Legal Aids Authority delivered a lecture on the importance of Lok Adalats. Cleanliness drive by the students in the school premises was also carried out in the school as a part of the camp. The school Principal Mrs. Neena Kalia motivated the students to obtain more and more knowledge about public affairs and Lok Adalats.